Emotiva BASX A700 7-Channel Power Amp
Emotiva BASX A700 7-Channel Power Amp is a seven channel power amplifier. Combine the BasX A-700 with a surround sound pre/pro as the heart of a great home theater system, or use it to upgrade the amplifier section of your AVR, or use the BasX A-700 to run the surround speakers in a big home theatre system.
- Great sounding Class A/B output stage – ensures smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging – without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Heavy duty linear power supply – with an oversized torodial power transformer and plenty of current capacity to drive even difficult speakers.
- Top quality parts and construction – promise years of reliable service.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes – enable us to use short, optimized signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
- Totally stable – designed for use in the real world, with real speakers.
- Heavy steel 2RU chassis with milled aluminum faceplate – provide strength and rugged good looks.
- Heavy duty insulated five-way speaker binding posts – allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Remote trigger input and output – allow the BasX A-700 to be turned on by trigger-enabled equipment, and to activate other trigger-enabled equipment.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection – entirely transparent under normal conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from all common fault conditions.
- Universal AC line voltage operation – the BasX A-700 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz, and automatically detect and configure themselves to operate with your local line voltage.
- Standard IEC power inlet – fits all standard and audiophile IEC power cables.
- Three-year warranty – ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your BasX power amp for years to come.
Power Output (two channels driven)
110 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms
210 watts RMS per channel; 1 kHz; THD < 1%; into 4 Ohms
Power Output (all channels driven)
80 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms
Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load)
20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / – 0.07 dB).
Broad Band Frequency Response
5 Hz to 80 kHz (+ / – 1.8 dB).
THD + noise
< 0.02% (A-weighted); at rated power; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms
Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load)
> 120 dB (A-weighted); ref rated power.
> 100 dB (A-weighted); ref 1 watt.
Minimum Recommended Load Impedance
4 Ohms; which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads.
Damping Factor (8 Ohm load)
Speaker Output Connections
Audiophile grade, 5-way binding posts.
Linear power supply with heavy duty torodial transformer.
Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8Ohm load)
Unbalanced (RCA); one per channel.
27 kOhms (unbalanced).
Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.
115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
Standby; push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
Status LEDs; one per channel; blue.
Status LEDs change to red to indicate a fault condition.
Rear Panel Controls
AC Power switch; rocker switch (switches AC main power).
Status LEDs switch; disables front panel Status LEDs.
The BasX A-700 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
17” wide x 4” high x 15.5” deep (does not include connectors)
21-1/2” wide x 8” high x 21” deep (boxed).
29.4 lbs (net)
35.8 lbs (boxed)