EMOTIVA BASX A800 Multi Zone Power Amplifier
Emotiva BasX A800 is an 8-channel high power amplifier which be used as eight separate channels amplifier, or as four stereo pairs, or as four bridged channels.
The Emotiva BasX A800 is perfect for running multiple pairs of speakers in different locations or rooms, and can provide plenty of great sounding power to run up to four separate pairs of in-ceiling or in-wall speakers in up to four different zones.
EMOTIVA BASX A800 Features
- True audiophile-quality sound – as with all of our amplifiers, the BasX A-800 was designed first and foremost to sound superb in all types of audio systems.
- Great sounding Class A/B output stage – ensures smooth detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging – without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Heavy duty linear power supply – with an oversized toroidal power transformer and plenty of current capacity to drive even difficult speakers.
- Eight fully independent amplifier channels – each speaker output is powered by its own separate amplifier channel.
- Bridgeable outputs – each pair of amplifier channels can be independently configured to act as two separate channels, or bridged into a single higher-powered channel.
- Flexible input options – allow each pair of channels on the BasX A-800 to receive its input signal from its own independent input, or from the stereo bus input.
- Automatic power switching – lets you configure the BasX A-800 for manual operation, or to be turned on by a trigger input, or when it senses an audio signal on any of its inputs.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout – promise years of reliable service.
- Totally stable – designed for use in the real world, with real speakers.
- Heavy steel 2RU chassis with milled aluminum face plate – provide strength and rugged good looks.
- Heavy duty insulated five-way speaker binding posts – allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection – entirely transparent under normal conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from all common fault conditions.
- Universal AC line voltage operation – the BasX A-800 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz, and automatically detects the correct line voltage.
- Standard IEC power inlet – fits all standard and audiophile IEC power cables.
Power Output (two channels driven)
- 50 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.03%; into 8 Ohms.
- 80 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 4 Ohms.
Power Output (8 channels; all channels driven)
- 35 watts RMS per channel; 1 kHz; THD < 0.03%; into 8 Ohms.
- 50 watts RMS per channel; 1 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 4 Ohms.
Power Output; BRIDGED MODE (4 channels; all channels driven)
- 100 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.03%; into 8 Ohms.
Broad Band Frequency Response
- Individual channel mode: 20 Hz to 80 kHz (+ / – 1.8 dB).
- Bridged mode: 20 Hz to 80 kHz (+ / – 3 dB).
THD + noise
- < 0.05% (A-weighted); at rated power; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms
Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load)
- > 110 dB (A-weighted); ref rated power.
- > 95 dB (A-weighted); ref 1 watt.
Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (per channel)
- Individual channel mode: 4 Ohms; which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads.
Bridged mode: 8 Ohms.
Speaker Output Connections
- Audiophile grade, 5-way binding posts.
- Linear power supply with heavy duty torodial transformer.
Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8Ohm load)
- 700 mV.
- Individual channel mode: 29 dB.
- Bridged mode: 35 dB.
- Unbalanced (RCA); one per channel.
- Unbalanced (RCA); one stereo pair for Bus input.
- 27 kOhms (unbalanced).
- Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
- Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Standby; push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
- Status LEDs; one per channel; blue.
- Status LEDs change to flashing red to indicate a fault condition.
Rear Panel Controls
- AC Power Switch; rocker switch (switches AC main power).
- Power Mode; slide switch; selects Always On, Trigger, or Auto-On Mode.
- Bus Switch; slide switch; (4) 1 per Zone; selects either the Bus or individual input for the Zone.
- Bridge Switch; selects either individual channel or bridged amplifier operation.
- Status LEDs switch; disables front panel Status LEDs.
- The BasX A-800 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
- 43.5 wide x 10.5 high x 41 deep (unboxed; including feet)
- 43.5 wide x 9 high x 41 deep (unboxed; without feet)
- 55 wide x 20.5 high x 54 deep (boxed).
- 12 kgs (net)
- 15 kgs (boxed)