Bowers & Wilkins Formation Bass
The wireless Bowers & Wilkins Formation Bass, as part of the Formation Suite, puts even wired subwoofers to the test. Its unique patented cylindrical design enables the use of opposed dual-driver technology to reduce distortion, while a powerful Class D amplifier with Dynamic EQ delivers crisp, clean sound. Formation Bass is more accurate, well-timed, and more expressive than ever creating a greater depth of sound you can not only hear but also feel. It also pairs seamlessly with other speakers in the Formation Suite and together they create the Highest Form of Sound™.
The Bowers & Wilkins Formation is compatible with Spotify, Roon, Airplay, and Bluetooth.
- Add a deeper depth of bass to your music and movies
- Opposed Dual Driver technology reduces distortion
- Powerful Class D amplifier delivers exacting performance
- Dynamic EQ optimizes performance in real-time
- Features Formation® Wireless Technology
- Sets up in moments
- Wirelessly connects with Formation speakers
- Description Wireless Subwoofer
- Technical features
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Digital amplifier
- Dynamic EQ
- Drive units
- 2 x 165mm (6.5 in) long-throw bass unit
- Frequency response
- 20Hz to 150Hz
- Amplifier power output
- Input voltage
- 100V – 240V – 50/60Hz
- Power consumption
- Below 6 Watts (Sleep)*
- Network (RJ45 Ethernet or WiFi)
- USB – service only
- Height: 254mm (10 in)
- Width: 281mm (11.1 in)
- Depth: 260mm (10.2 in)
- AirPlay 2 compatibility
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 11.4 or later, Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th Generation) with tv OS 11.4 or later, Mac or PC with iTunes 12.8 or later.
*Formation products create a mesh network. Each product in this network dynamically chooses the optimal path to route audio-data between products, in order to ensure a robust streaming experience. We have therefore certified Formation products for High Network Availability (HiNA) and conform to the appropriate power requirements set out in the ERP directive.